Are you a graphic, web, industrial, or other designer? If so, there are 5 invaluable sites where you can network with other designers, get inspiration, and build a sweet portfolio.
1. Coroflot has the largest bank of portfolios I have ever seen, recently adding their 100,000th portfolio! You could spend weeks just browsing. Coroflot also has a great design job board.
2. Behance lets you build a dynamic, multimedia portfolio of your latest projects, open to all or shared selectively. You can comment on others’ portfolios. The Tip Exchange is also a great resource for sharing sources.
3. design:related is similar to Behance, but it is more focused on inspiration and collecting things that inspire you as a designer. The site also has a lot of great news and features.
4. Design Spotter is an online design magazine dedicated to everything related to young modern contemporary design. It focuses on designer portfolios, new products and prototypes, and promoting young designers. You can add your own portfolio too.
5. DESIGN 21 is a joint-venture project of Felissimo and UNESCO created to inspire and promote design for the greater good.
These are also great places to check out upcoming designers or find a designer for a project. If you have more suggestions for helpful social designs sites, please post in the comments.