I don’t post too many events here on Design Milk, but I want to post this because it’s a new type of conference that I think is very relevant to you, our readers. The Altitude Design Summit will bring together designers, design and lifestyle bloggers, stylists, photographers, artists and creatives, social media companies, and design companies to get together and talk, well, Design.
The first one is January 21-23, 2010 in Salt Lake City, UT, that just so happens to coincide with the Sundance Film Festival. This year’s summit will focus on growing communities, marketing and monetizing. What’s working and what’s not.
On a more personal note, Erin and I will be speaking in some way or another, so I recommend you come to meet and hang with us and talk all about our favorite topic.
I know many of you are wrapped up in the holiday hoopla, but I suggest you check it out!
Who Should Attend Alt?
- People that love talking about design in all its iterations. What it is. How it’s changing. Why it’s important.
- Design or lifestyle bloggers who want to (finally!) meet their fellow design and lifestyle bloggers.
- People from across all the design disciplines: graphic, industrial, fashion, interior, product, textile. Plus illustrators and photographers too.
- Business Owners who make pretty things and want to figure out how to get their products on design sites.
- Advertising Agencies and Marketing firms that want help creating social media campaigns for their design-minded clients.
- Employees who would love to get credit for working while actually hitting the slopes.
- People who create inspiration boards and people who look at inspiration boards.
- Star-struck film fans obsessed with the Sundance hype who want to spend a weekend celebrity sighting.