Terence Conran of The Conran Shop has chosen 54 key pieces of furniture of the 20th century to be part of the Conran Classics Collection. The Conran Classics will be on display in an exhibition at The Conran Shop Chelsea and The Conran Shop, Marylebone from September 10, 2010 – November 1, 2010. In celebration of the new collection and exhibition, members of the Conran family including Terence Conran, Sophie Conran, and Jasper Conran have been captured with their favorite piece of furniture by renowned photographer Julian Broad for the accompanying Conran Classic catalog.
The top 10 design classics from the 20th century chosen by The Conran family are:
1. Eames Lounger and Ottoman (Charles and Ray Eames) chosen by Victoria Conran
2. Supporto Office Chair (Fred Scott) chosen by Sophie Conran (pictured in top photo on right)
3. Karuselli Chair and Ottoman (Yrjo Kukkapuro) chosen by Terence Conran (pictured in top photo on left)
4. Bookworm Bookcase and Bookends (Ron Arad) chosen by Tom Conran (pictured above on left)
5. Eiffel DSR Chair (Charles and Ray Eames) chosen by Ned Conran
6. ESU Storage Unit (Charles and Ray Eames) chosen by Toby Gallagher
7. Floor Lamp (Mario Fortuny) chosen by Hattie Gallagher (pictured above on right)
8. Egg Chair and Footstool (Arne Jacobson) chosen by Max Gallagher
9. Oval Table and 6 Tulip Chairs (Eero Saarinen) chosen by Jasper Conran (pictured below)
10. ES104 Lobby Chair (Charles and Ray Eames) chosen by Sebastian Conran
What would be in your top 10?