Three years in a row you guys indicated in our Reader Survey you wanted more DIY projects on Design Milk. Well, I’m not a very good DIY kind of gal, so I think it’s best left to a true DIY enthusiast! That’s why I’m hiring a DIY contributor. Could it be you?
To clarify, DIY doesn’t just mean home improvement – a DIY could be anything from a bracelet to a lamp to a holiday gift. I am not looking for a homeowner looking to document the process of installing windows or tiling. Instead, I’m looking for someone to tackle smaller, more manageable projects that will appeal to a large audience.
I’ve created a description of what I am looking for. Please read carefully before applying.
- Live in the US and are over the age of 18
- Are very creative; In fact, you might be more of a creative person (artist, designer, etc) than a writer. The projects we plan to feature should be design-focused, and sometimes teeter on the edge of art.
- Have a similar style/aesthetic to most of what we post here on Design Milk
- Understand what DIY means and have done DIY projects before
- Take awesome photographs
- Have a distinct voice
- Are punctual, organized and professional
- Have a good internet connection, some experience with blogging software or WYSIWYG (WordPress or HTML a plus)
- A desire to get your hands on some unusual materials
- Have no fear of power tools or getting dirty in the name of design
- Experience in online publishing for a top design blog
- Photo and link to your website(s) on our About page
- A super fun and crazy awesome time
- A recommendation from the Editor
Daily commitment: A few hours/month
Term: 6-month commitment to start but this position could extend longer if everyone is happy
Pay: Based on experience
How to Apply: I am accepting applications via email only. Please do not message me on Twitter or Facebook to apply. Please send the following to info [at] design-milk.com with subject “Design Milk DIY Contributor”:
- A statement about why you are a good fit for this position
- A sample DIY idea that you think would be a good fit for Design Milk and why
- Links to any websites you have worked or currently work for, whether it’s something you wrote or something you designed/made
- Anything that you think represents your work or experience related to design
Deadline for applications: January 18, 2013
Thank you for all your applications! We are no longer accepting applicants for this position.