THANK YOU! I FOUND SOMEONE!!!
As many of you know, I’m having a baby! It’s very exciting and scary and awesome. This blog has been my “baby” for the past five years, but I need some time to devote to the new “Little Milk” in my life. Therefore, I’ve decided that I am going to bring on a very part-time editorial assistant.
I’ve created a description of what I am looking for. Please read carefully before applying.
On a daily and weekly basis you will:
- Communicate regularly with Editor via email, Skype, phone, and/or instant messenger
- Contact potential companies and persons for columns, sponsorships, and features
- Write and edit posts assigned by Editor as well as generate new ideas for posts
- Help manage and maintain Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Assist Editor in promotion of website content
- Other duties as assigned
You will have:
- Knowledge of what’s going on in the design world
- The ability to trend spot — find great post content & create original post content
- Good writing skills, spelling and grasp of the English language
- Blogging experience
- Photo editing skills
- Experience with Facebook and Twitter
- A good Internet connection
- Willingness to learn, eager, dedicated, and passionate
- A professional demeanor but a good sense of humor
- WordPress experience (a plus)
- Knowledge of HTML (a plus)
What you will get out of this experience:
- Experience in online publishing for a top design blog
- Photo and link to your website(s) on our About page
- Deeper knowledge and understanding of internet publishing
- A super fun and crazy awesome time
- Recommendation from the Editor
- Travel to really cool places to do and see really cool things (travel is optional)
- A flexible schedule, and you can work in your PJs from anywhere in the world (international applicants are welcome)
- The opportunity to interview some very well-respected designers and artists
- You will make tons of networking contacts
There is no location requirement for this position, but you must be able to devote some time during the week between 9 and 5 ET or PT.
Daily commitment: 1-2 hours (5-10 hours a week)
Term: 6-month commitment to start but this position could extend longer and become permanent. The Editorial Assistant will report to the Editor.
Pay: Hourly; based on experience
How to Apply: I am accepting applications via email only. Please do not message me on Twitter or Facebook to apply. Please send the following to info [at] design-milk.com with subject “Design Milk Editorial Assistant”: Resume A statement about why you are a good fit for Design Milk A sample post that you think would be good for publication Design Milk Links to any websites you have worked or currently work for Anything that you think represents your work or experience related to design Deadline for applications: August 20, 2011
I am no longer accepting applications at this time. Thank you to everyone who applied!