When it comes to style and fashion, Design Milk brings you a little bit of this and a little bit of that. From the wearable to the outrageous, to the avant-garde to the mainstream, we look back at the best of everything style-related in 2012.
10. Air Tattoo Jewelry Made from Paper by Logical Art
Hand-drawn patterns turned into leather-like paper jewelry that gives the feel of an “air-like tattoo.”
9. Bogobrush: The Biodegradable, Buy-One-Give-One Toothbrush
Bogobrush donates a toothbrush to someone who needs one every time one is purchased. It’s an easy way to give back while you keep your own grill clean.
8. Wooden Wallet by Haydanhuya
A felt-lined wooden wallet that stashes your credit cards and folded bills for safe keeping in your pocket.
7. Alexander McQueen Rainbow Dress Recreated Using 50,000 Gummi Bears Looks Good Enough to Eat
The infamous rainbow feather dress, designed by Alexander McQueen, gets recreated in the form of 50,000 Gummi Bears. Fashion that’s truly mouth-watering, right?
6. Triangle Notebook by Tan Mavitan
We couldn’t get enough of this triangular-shaped notebook and apparently you couldn’t either. It’s obsession-worthy.
5. Disappointments Diary 2013
A daily calendar for the inner pessimist in all of us.
4. Freekey Press-to-Open Key Ring
A simple metal key ring that won’t break every fingernail or jab your finger every time you go to add a new key.
Gloves made for lovers = Glovers. Genius.
2. Grass Flip Flops
Sometimes there’s nothing better than walking barefoot in the grass and now you can do just that year round with these.
And the most popular Style + Fashion post of 2012 was…
1. Iris van Herpen x United Nude Fang Shoes
10 fiberglass and carbon fiber fangs that hold this wedge shoe (and you) up with complete fierceness.