The new year is just a few days away and we’re wrapping up our Best of 2018 and 2018 Year in Review posts with the biggest one – the Best of the Best! Top 10 Posts of 2018. That means the most popular and most loved posts from this past year all in one place for you to look back on in case you missed anything or just want a refresher. Curious to find out which post was the #1 post? Read on to find out.
10. IKEA U.S. Launches SPÄNST: An Unexpected Urban Lifestyle Collaboration with Chris Stamp
IKEA U.S. released the limited edition SPÄNST collection that was designed with Los Angeles-based fashion designer Chris Stamp, of West Coast streetwear label, Stampd, that was geared towards the younger, design-driven consumer living an active, urban lifestyle.
9. Kast Launches Collection of Patterned Concrete Basins Called Kast Canvas
British brand Kast Concrete Basins unveiled a series of patterned sink basins called Kast Canvas that explore the possibilities of what concrete can offer with elegant surface patterns.
8. Nest by Airstream: A Modern Fiberglass Travel Trailer
The innovative Nest by Airstream jumpstarted a new era for the recreational vehicle brand focusing on forward-thinking design that optimizes function.
7. 10 Modern Museums You’ll Definitely Want to Visit
If you’re looking to investigate some cool modern museums, we rounded up 10 from around the world that will surely have you wanting to visit.
6. Olympia Ceramica Introduces Vinyl Inspired Bathroom Sinks by Gianluca Paludi
Gianluca Paludi designed Vinyl, a bathroom collection for Olympia Ceramica that’s a mix between 70’s consoles and DJ setups with recessed sink basins that resemble turntables.
5. 11 Modern Home Offices That Will Make You Want to Get Sh#t Done
We searched around to find modern home offices that offered up some inspiration to help get our workspaces in order so we can work at optimum capacity.
4. Modern Laundry Rooms That Will Make Laundry More Fun
We rounded up ten modern laundry rooms that anyone would gladly spend time in even if it meant folding load after load of laundry.
3. The Morpheus Hotel by Zaha Hadid Architects: The World’s First High Rise Exoskeleton
Zaha Hadid Architects has a way of designing buildings so intricate and complex that the photographs look like renderings rather than completed architecture. One of their latest offerings is Morpheus, the flagship hotel for the City of Dreams resort in Macau.
2. A 1950s Micro Apartment Is Renovated for Modern Times
Located in Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia, George is a jaw-dropping, 28 square meter micro apartment that was renovated by J-IN with a monochromatic color palette and plenty of storage.
Drumroll, please… And the most popular post of all posts in 2018 is…
1. How Ivy Ross Helped Change Google’s Culture of Design
The Head of Design for Google Hardware extols the tension of opposites, the necessity of exploring 127 samples of gray, and why she loves her Panda phone.