This week in the kitchen we developed some fresh and tasty recipes to help spice up your summer meals. We wanted to keep them healthy, simple and with as little prep as possible. So, we decided to test drive the meticulously engineered, best-in-class personal blender from Beast Health, the Beast B10 Blender.
Configured to make eating heathy whole foods easy, the blender’s minimalist and streamlined design is reminiscent of Dieter Rams’ less-is-more philosophy. But as avid Vitamix users, we were curious to see if this ONE button blender could meet our blending needs. This blender not only packs a mighty punch, but you can honestly leave it on your counter. And that says a lot from someone who hides all their unsightly appliances.
Below are the two recipes we developed while testing the Beast. Hope you find them refreshing!
Avocado Gazpacho (makes 4 servings)
2 cucumbers, rough chopped
1/2 Vidalia red onion, rough chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, chopped with seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons xvoo
1 avocado, pitted and peeled
1 bunch cilantro with stems
- In mixing bowl, toss cucumbers, onion, garlic, and jalapeno with salt. Let sit 30 minutes.
- Add lime juice, vinegar and oil and pour the whole mixture into blender and puree.
- Add avocado and cilantro and puree again until creamy.
Sweet + Spicy Pepper Margarita (makes 4 drinks)
1 sweet yellow bell pepper
1/2 jalapeño pepper
6 oz tequila
3 oz lime juice
2 oz triple sec
6 medium ice cubes
- Place all vegetables + ice in Beast first, then add liquid and blend until smooth.
- Serve in glass with an optional spicy salt rim or jalapeño slice for garnish.
Now you have these great recipes we know you’ll want to try for yourself. Check out the full Beast Blender experience at home from $155 here. And if it’s your first time purchasing at Design Milk use code SUMMER15 to get 15% off your order.