10. When Art Meets Transport: Stylish Bikes Inspired by Works of Art
Three custom-made bicycles inspired by influential works of art and design.
9. NASA’s 1975 Graphics Standards Manual to be Reissued
As a way to celebrate the 42-year-old design, the NASA Graphics Standards Manual was reissued as a hardcover version of the original.
8. Fresh From The Dairy: Color Palettes Inspired by Hayao Miyazaki’s Films
Hyo Taek Kim recalled childhood memories of seeing Hayao Miyazaki’s films and created a series of color palettes based on Miyazaki’s body of work.
7. Say Hello to ZSO: Artist/Designer Sara Blake on Projects, Process + Portfolios
Find out how artist and designer Sara Blake, aka ZSO (hellozso), balances work, personal projects, ecommerce and exercise.
6. 40 Days Of Dating: The Art of Relationships
Two designers and an experiment in dating turns into a full-fledged art project complete with a book!
5. Sweet Graphic Design: Mr Printables
If you love paper printables and modern design, then Mr. Printables needs to be on your bookmark list!
4. Sculptures Made from Repurposed PET Plastic Bottles
Czech artist Veronika Richterová decided to do something with PET plastic bottles and now creates life-like sculptures from the repurposed material.
3. 300 Days of Emotion Color-Coded Diaries
Over the course of 300 days, Giestas recorded his emotions on the hour and documented them in a series of color-coded diaries called Soft Cover Emotions.
2. Find Perfect Proportions Wherever You Go with This Golden Ratio Tool
The Golden Section Finder, designed for Areaware, is a thin, pocket sized card that helps you locate proportional perfection (Golden Ratio) anywhere.
And the #1 most popular Art post of 2015 is…
1. These Graphic Images are Actually Photographs
Junya Watanabe’s Fall 2015 collection in photos by Erik Madigan Heck edited to be flat & one dimensional to complement the graphic nature of the collection.