The time has come to reveal the most popular and best of all things that we here at Design Milk have to offer, from art to home furnishings, interiors to architecture, and all the good stuff in between, we try to bring it all. So, take a look back at the top 10 most favorite posts of 2014…
10. A Slim, Environmentally Responsible, Reusable Water Bottle
memobottle is a slimline, BPA free, dishwasher-friendly, reusable water bottle that resembles the size and shape of pieces of paper so it fits in your bag.
9. A Box-Like House is Full of Surprises on the Inside
Located in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan, this house looks like a simple box design on the exterior, but the white and wood interior is full of surprises.
8. Tips and Tricks for Using Plants in Modern Interior Design + Plant Care Guide
Decorilla and Brooklyn Plantology take on botanicals in a modern East Village high-rise apartment.
7. A Family Home with a Black & White Interior
This modern home in the Czech Republic was renovated with a new concept for the interior that was inspired by the homeowner’s love of Scandinavian design.
6. A House with Rotating Rooms
The Sharifi-ha House, designed by next office, contains three volumes that rotate to open the house up in the summer and close it down in the winter.
5. An Alarm Clock That Wakes You Up With a Cup of Coffee
The Barisieur is an alarm clock that wakes you up with a full, bespoke cup of coffee or tea right by your bedside with its neat, all-in-one device.
4. Invisible Kitchen by i29 interior architects
i29 interior architects designed an invisible kitchen that feels more like pieces of furniture as opposed to an entire room devoted to just the kitchen.
3. 2014 Kitchen Trend Spotting with Susan Serra
The latest in home and kitchen design from cabinets to countertops to technology: we take a look at some current kitchen product and interior design trends.
2. Sexy, Wearable Tech from CRAVE
This gorgeous necklace hides a sexy secret: it’s actually a vibrator! Vesper is a USB rechargeable vibrator that’s disguised as an elegant necklace.
And the most popular post of all posts in 2014 is…
1. Redesigned Consumer Packaging Disappears To Eliminate Waste
An eco-friendly idea: imagine if popular consumer packaged goods were redesigned so that the packaging reduced environmental waste and dissolve upon use.