In 2018, we traveled around the globe, both virtually and IRL, to check out the best of what the world has to offer outside of our every day. From modern hotels and other vacation rentals to travel guides exploring specific cities, we brought you all kinds of travel ideas you should go back and check out when you have time. But if you prefer a condensed version, you can check out the most popular travel posts from 2018 right now.
10. Nordic Charm Blends with Modern Design at the Ion City Hotel in Reykjavik
Designed by MINARC, the Icon City Hotel features 18 rooms + suites with interiors that make subtle references to Icelandic design.
9. Stay in a Frank Lloyd Wright Home for Your Next Vacation
On HomeAway, you can stay in four of the Frank Lloyd Wright homes that are available to rent in four different states: Hawaii, Michigan, California and Indiana.
8. The Crazy Rich Asians Guide to Design and Architecture in Singapore
A Crazy Rich Asians inspired introduction to the design and architecture of Singapore, by a Singaporean who is neither Crazy Rich nor fully Asian, but who thinks Singaporean design could use more love!
7. Casa Flora: A Boutique Apartment That Makes You Feel like a Resident of Venice
The Romanelli family created a boutique apartment rental, Casa Flora, as a temporary home for design savvy travelers seeking to explore another side of Venice, Italy.
6. The Anthemion House: A Mood Board of Blues, Greens, Natural Woods, and Brass
Anthemion House is a modern hotel in Kavala, Greece that underwent a seven month renovation by Normless Architecture Studio.
5. The Rolling Huts: An Architect’s Alternative Approach to Camping
Designed by Olson Kundig Architects, the Rolling Huts are glamping on a different, design-forward level from the architecture to the minimalist interiors.
4. Take a Retreat to This Scandinavian Modern A-Frame Cabin In The Middle of the Woods
Lokal Hotel’s second location is a high-design vacation home rental out in the middle of woods by the Maurice River in Dorchester, New Jersey, that’s a charmingly overhauled 1960s A-frame cabin.
3. Monochromatic and Minimalist: The Hotel Mono in Singapore
Hotel Mono is a monochromatic boutique hotel designed by Spacedge that’s a minimalist design lover’s dream with the perfect mix of old and new.
2. The Kumaon: A Minimalist Hotel Hidden in the Himalayas Offers More Than Just Incredible Views
Hidden away high above in the Himalayas, The Kumaon is a minimalist hotel designed by architect Pradeep Kodikara and Jineshi Samaraweera of Zowa Architects that offers its guests an unparalleled, immersive experience in nature.
And the most popular travel post of 2018 is…
1. When Tiny Is More Than Enough: The Monocabin in Rhodes, Greece
On an island like Rhodes, Greece, you don’t need much to have the most idyllic vacation of your life, which is why the Monocabin is the perfect place for you to relax, unwind and soak in the scenic beach views this island offers.